Example 1 - Association Management Firm
Industry Focus: call-center providing back office support for hundreds of non-profits and associations, warehousing, logistics, fulfillment services.
Client Need: Client retention rates needed to increase– regular re-competes of services led to lower margin and unexpected client turn over. Management estimated $10M company could have been $15-$20M with higher retention and account growth over last 5 years. Senior management did not have sufficient management bench strength (or time) to work with 170 staff across the firm to accomplish two critical outcomes: alignment of teams behind key corporate growth goals, and delivery on their absolute commitment to high quality customer service.
- Strategic action planning sessions with senior management team to ensure high level critical goals were cascading down to middle management and staff
- Designed, implemented and tracked customized professional development program for 170 staff members at every level with singular focus of every class: meeting customer needs and exceeding expectations
- Subsequently worked with 50 members of management team to develop leadership, relationship building and business development skills
“We’ve always worked hard to build a positive work environment within the company. It’s all about our people, and our 2009 results prove that investing in each employee to strengthen customer relationships makes good business sense.“ (CEO)
- No client has left as a result of poor customer service delivered over the past year ($150K estimated annual revenue impact)
- Voluntary staff turnover reduced by 65% from 2008 to 2009
- Process improvements resulting from weekly team discussions resulted in immediate savings of tens of thousands of dollars, with projected annual savings for 2010 well into the six figures
- Engaged staff at management and service delivery level, with demonstrated commitment to delivery of “big promise” to clients
“I have seen my fellow employees work together so well in the classes that we attended every Wednesday for the last couple of months so I know we are able to accomplish great things outside of the class sessions.” (Operations Manager)